rvlaw
rvlaw, Lawyer (JD)
Experience:  NYC Trial Atty. 30 yrs.- pers. inj., contracts, real estate, criminal, estates, matrimonial.
3071004

My attorney has filed a motion to reduce attorneys ...

Customer Question

My attorney has filed a motion to reduce attorneys lien to jugment and withdraw as attorney of records. How do I file a written response to this counter motion. Is there a form I can use.
Expert:  rvlaw replied 9 years ago.

You say you have paid the bill in full. If the attorney is looking to reduce his fee to judgment, he apparently disagrees. You must deny his position and explain in an affidavit in opposition to his motion for judgment how he is not entitled to any more fees. The form is the same as his affidavit except yours is called AFFIDAVIT IN OPPOSITION. Regarding his motion to be relieved as counsel, if he wants more money and you think he's been paid in full, I think you should be in agreement that he should be off the case!

XXXXX XXXXXcata