How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask rvlaw Your Own Question
rvlaw, Lawyer (JD)
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 8386
Experience:  NYC Trial Atty. 30 yrs.- pers. inj., contracts, real estate, criminal, estates, matrimonial.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
rvlaw is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My attorney has filed a motion to reduce attorneys ...

Customer Question

My attorney has filed a motion to reduce attorneys lien to jugment and withdraw as attorney of records. How do I file a written response to this counter motion. Is there a form I can use.
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  rvlaw replied 9 years ago.


You say you have paid the bill in full. If the attorney is looking to reduce his fee to judgment, he apparently disagrees. You must deny his position and explain in an affidavit in opposition to his motion for judgment how he is not entitled to any more fees. The form is the same as his affidavit except yours is called AFFIDAVIT IN OPPOSITION. Regarding his motion to be relieved as counsel, if he wants more money and you think he's been paid in full, I think you should be in agreement that he should be off the case!