4ren6
4ren6, Forensics/CSI
Experience:  Sworn Expert Witness in Criminal Law. Sworn Expert Courtroom Testimony.
796442

can first energy trim trees on my property without my ...

can first energy trim trees on my property without my concent?
Expert:  4ren6 replied 9 years ago.
They can trim trees that are bordering any easement to power lines. They do this solely for the protection of the consumer and saftey issues during snow or ice storms. Let me know if I may further assist you.
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Reply to 4ren6's Post: in this instans it is a new line going up and they are clear cutting i was not inform untill i saw crews working
Expert:  4ren6 replied 9 years ago.
When you say clear cutting...............are they clear cutting a wide path of trees through your property line. Did they ever contact you. Do they have any easement for this. Where is the power to go when finished.
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
50 foot wide path, no i was never contacted, they are mainly working on a railroad right of way, it will be a secondair power supply for tallmadge
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
my property ajoins the rr
Expert:  4ren6 replied 9 years ago.
Then it appears that First Energy has the right of way easement along the railroad tracks. They can cut the trees on this easement and only trim over hanging limbs from your property. They can not cut the entire tree off of your property with no easement rights. I suggest that you contact someone other then the planner to come out and speak with you on this. But as long as they stay on the tracks and trim only along the way they are within their legal easement rights.
Expert:  4ren6 replied 9 years ago.
may I further assist you on this.........?