How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask J D Haas Your Own Question
J D Haas
J D Haas, Lawyer (JD)
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 2998
Experience:  21 years as a serious injury/wrongful death trial lawyer; nationally board certified; 43 jury trials
Type Your Legal Question Here...
J D Haas is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

In Texas can you loose your land if you let the bank ...

Resolved Question:

In Texas can you loose your land if you let the bank reposses your prefab home ? ( the land and the house are not on the same loan )
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  J D Haas replied 9 years ago.
I cannot give a definitive answer because I do not have access to all of the documents. I suggest that you consult with a TX property or real estate lawyer and show him or her all of the loan documents and deeds. The attorney can give you advice based upon all of your documents and facts.

To answer your question: if the loans are separate and there is no connection between a default in one loan and a default in the other, the bank could repossess your home, but the land that is not under the home would not be effected since it is covered by a separate loan.

I hope that I have helped you and that I have answered all of your questions. Please
ask more questions if I have not answered all of your questions.

Please be aware that my answer is not legal advice, it is merely information.
You and I have not entered into an attorney/client relationship, and I am not
responsible for your legal rights. The only way for us to be in an
attorney/client relationship is if you have signed a written retainer agreement
with my law firm.
J D Haas and 5 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you