Ask Attorney & Mediator Your Own Ques...
Attorney & Mediator
Attorney & Mediator, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney & Certified Mediator
1723468

need to write a letter to our lawyer. I want to see in ...

need to write a letter to our lawyer. I want to see in writting what his plan of defense will be in my case. What is the best way to word this? I can not locate anything on the internet.
Expert:  Attorney & Mediator replied 9 years ago.
Let me see if I can assist, please answer the following so I get a clear picture of what you need.

1) What type of defense are you being represented on?

2) Is there a hearing pending on your case that is coming up?

3) Have you previous discussed your plan of defense with your lawyer? Was this done in person or over the phone and how long ago was this conversation.

4) Why are you seeking to see his plan of defense in writing?

5) Is there a deadline you would like a response by?

6) Any other information relevant to your case that you would like your attorney to answer, please let me know.
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Reply to LawNinvest's Post: ) What type of defense are you being represented on? criminal

2) Is there a hearing pending on your case that is coming up? yes

3) Have you previous discussed your plan of defense with your lawyer? Was this done in person or over the phone and how long ago was this conversation. we have been speaking but not in exact terms. He is difficult to pin down and inofrmation was not available to him for a long time.

4) Why are you seeking to see his plan of defense in writing? Some people have suggested this si the way to clearly undertand what he intends to use in your defense.

5) Is there a deadline you would like a response by? As I understand under law its a 10 day grace period?

6) Any other information relevant to your case that you would like your attorney to answer, please let me know. Not sure what all the questions need to be. Not sure how much information to provide on the internet.
Thank you for your response.

Let see if this will help:

[Date]

[Your name and address]

[Lawyer's name and address]

RE: Status Report Request

Dear [Lawyer's name];

As you know you are representing me in my criminal case that is coming up for a hearing very soon on [date and time of hearing].

As time is of the essence here and you are busy to get a hold of over the phone, I am writing to request a status review report from you regarding my case. I would like this in writing and would like for you to provide me with an outline of your plan of defense. I would like to be prepared ahead of time for my case, so I would appreciate an immediate response to this letter in writing, so that I am fully informed of what you will be doing for me at my upcoming hearing.

I would also like for you to contact me to set up an appointment after you have prepared this status report, to go over any questions you or I may have related about this case.

In advance, thank you for your assistance with this matter.

Sincerely,

[Your name and signature]

Don't forget to click Accept for my time and research, thank you.

Please accept my answer for the work I have provided you and to close this window. Thank you for using Just Answer.

Legal Disclaimer: The information given by me is for informational/research use only and you are paying me only for such information. The information contained herewith is not legal advice and by rendering such information there is no formation of an attorney-client relationship. I also do not claim to be licensed to practice in the state where this information is being provided. I strive to provide quality information, but I make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained in or linked herein and it’s associated sites. As law is always changing, you are advised to speak with the appropriate legal counsel for accurate information. Thank you.