Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

I have a charge of mail fraud from Sept 2000 in the state ...

Customer Question
I have a charge of...
I have a charge of mail fraud from Sept 2000 in the state of Texas. I successfully completed probation and am still paying monthly restitution while residing in Colorado. I am unsure if I am legally able to possess firearms and if I could use Texas Fresh Start to have my records put into a non dislosure status.
Submitted: 9 years ago.Category: Legal
1/2/2008
Lawyer: Bill F., Paralegal replied 9 years ago
Bill F.
Bill F., Paralegal

Even though you have completed probation you still have a felony on your record and con not poses firearms in Colorado (Or most other states for that matter). In addition under the Texas Fresh Start (which if you get approved will clear your record and may allow you to apply for a permit for firearms in Colorado) you will not be approved by Texas until all of the restitution is paid.

Good luck. If you have any other related questions please let me know. If you found this answer helpful please accept so I can continue to help others like you in the future. Thank you.

Bill F.
Bill F., Paralegal
Bill F.
Bill F.
Bill F., Paralegal