How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask 4ren6 Your Own Question
4ren6, Forensics/CSI
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 4794
Experience:  Sworn Expert Witness in Criminal Law. Sworn Expert Courtroom Testimony.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
4ren6 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My 18 year old son was involved in a car accident yesterday ...

Resolved Question:

My 18 year old son was involved in a car accident yesterday at 11:30 PM. there were no injuries but he did hit a fire hydrant and left the scene. He ran home and did not answer the door when police showed up. I was out of town and today called the police station. They will not release the car or talk to me. We were told the police officer assignd to this case begins hs shiftas 11PM and he will be stoping at the house. My question is should we go to the station around 11 or wait for the police officer to come to the house? Should my sos make a statement explaining his panic and leaving the scene or should he not make any statements and get an attorney representaion tomorrow? If making a ststment what should he say? Please help so he does not get in any more trouble then already in.
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  4ren6 replied 9 years ago.
Wait and let the officer come to you. You may call and leave a message that your son is home if he is needing to see him. It sounds as though he will be arrested and charged for leaving the scene of an accident with damage. Depending on what the officer ask him for I would not say too much until I had representation. They can arrest him and let him bond out or be released on his own to appear. You can then better know what the charges are and then retain council. Leaving the scene is a serious charge. Please reply if needed further .
4ren6 and 5 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you