How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Bill F. Your Own Question
Bill F.
Bill F., Paralegal
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 2243
Experience:  State Paralegal - 10 Years Hands on Legal Experience
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Bill F. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a resident of KY, can a person have a deceased ...

Resolved Question:

I am a resident of KY, can a person have a deceased mans name added to a birth certificate with only one or two notarized signatures from his family. Paternity is in question! If not what has to be done to have his name added to the birth certificate of a seven yr old girl? What do I need to do to see that his name is XXXXX XXXXX with legal paternity testing done.
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Bill F. replied 9 years ago.

To add a childs paternal father to a birth certificate a dna test will have to be done and a court order that such tests proves that the deceased father his the paternal father will have to be issued. If he is the paternal father you can not prevent his name from being added to the birth certificate if they can prove paternity (however you may be able to make a claim on his estate for child support etc. if that is a route you wish to go down).

If the other side has had a dna test done on the child you will need to see the proof and may want to have your own done to confirm.

Good luck. If you have any other related questions please let me know. If you found this answer helpful please accept so I can continue to help others like you in the future. Thank you.


Bill F. and other Legal Specialists are ready to help you