Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

In Missouri, would it impact a divorce proceeding ...

Customer Question
In Missouri, would it impact...
In Missouri, would it impact a divorce proceeding decisions if one of the parties was having an affair? I know it used to matter but wonder if it is really worth investigating it if it won''t save anything in the end anyway.
Submitted: 9 years ago.Category: Legal
1/1/2008
Lawyer: 4ren6, Forensics/CSI replied 9 years ago
4ren6
4ren6, Forensics/CSI

Are you currently in the middle of a divorce. Is there a current seperation between the two of you. Is there any form of a seperation agreement and are there children involved.

We are very seriously talking about getting divorced. He left for a short period of time two months ago. There is no agreement at this time. Yes there are two kids both under the age of 13.

Adultery is one of the grounds for divorce in Missouri. But you must prove it. I suggest that you hire a private investigator to document and obtain the evidence needed. This would give you valid claims for a "fault divorce". It may also help you negotiate for child custody and property division later. Please do reply if you need further assistance. I am providing a link for you as well.

http://www.divorcesupport.com/divorce/Missouri-Divorce-Laws-604.html

4ren6
4ren6, Forensics/CSI
If you decide to divorce I suggest that you obtain in writing an agreed upon and signed seperation agreement. This would include custody and support. Rights that each will have and such. Visitation times. Anything that may be of importance needs to go in writing as a seperation agreement.
I have added additional info........please reply if needed.
4ren6
4ren6
4ren6, Forensics/CSI