How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Guru_Guy Your Own Question
Guru_Guy, Lawyer (JD)
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 2418
Experience:  My specialties include Civil Rights and Constitutional law, as well as general practice issues.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Guru_Guy is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

my son wants to visit for 5 days, how can i get rid of

This answer was rated:

my son wants to visit for 5 days, how can i get rid of him if he states he is staying and i cant stop him because he has squatters rights.

Assuming your son is an adult, he has no right to stay in your home. Like any other guest, if he is invited to stay for a few days, and refuses to leave, he is trespassing. You have the right to call the police and have him removed from your property.

The term "squatter's rights" is usually used to apply to adverse possession cases, where a person uses a property as their own for many years, claiming it as their own property while no one disputes it. It has no application in the situation you describe.

I hope this helps!


Please keep in mind that information in this forum is for informational purposes only. It is not legal advice and does not constitute creation of an attorney client relationship. Before acting on any such information, you are always advised to consult with an attorney licensed to practice in your jurisdiction who can take the time to review all the facts and laws relevant to your situation.
Guru_Guy and 2 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you