Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

can i get transcripts of cell phone calls

Customer Question
received on my cell...
can i get transcripts of cell phone calls received on my cell phone
Submitted: 9 years ago.Category: Legal
12/25/2007
Lawyer: 4ren6, Forensics/CSI replied 9 years ago
4ren6
4ren6, Forensics/CSI
Are you referring to text messages, photos or call numbers. Are you the primary person on the contract...............?
my personal cell account---call numbers and conversations
All cell companies will (or are suppose to according to FCC) allow you to pay a fee to obtain the records from past calls. The conversations as such are not recorded nor saved. Any data saved are often the numbers and text and photos. They are not required to save these beyond 90 to 120 days time though. Most all Cell Companies have a written policy to allow for such but from experience it is often hard to get more then the previous months billing. You may subpoena through the courts if they refuse. You must be the primary person on the account to do this. Let me know if you need further assistance.
4ren6
4ren6, Forensics/CSI
so i cant get numbers from junr- july 07
Go ahead and attempt it. But as I mentioned they most often clear these within 90 to 120 days time. There are no guidelines on the time they must store or retain these. But go ahead and ask them if they have them going back that far. They may well have them but you may need to push hard to get them.
4ren6
4ren6, Forensics/CSI
4ren6
4ren6
4ren6, Forensics/CSI