Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

How is victimology different, from crimimology , sociology, ...

Customer Question
How is victimology different, from...
How is victimology different, from crimimology , sociology, or pschology? Please answer in at least 5 sentences
Submitted: 10 years ago.Category: Legal
11/30/2007
Lawyer: Michelle, Paralegal replied 10 years ago
Michelle
Michelle, Paralegal

DearCustomer/p>

Victimology is the study of why, when and how certain people will become a crime victim. These studies are based on demographics ie income levels, race, gender. These studies also cover things like natural disasters, traffic accidents as well as consumer crimes ie ID theft.

Unlike criminology, sociology and psychology, victimology uses all the methods and information of the social and psycholocial studies - while socialogy studies the behavioral aspects, criminology the criminal behavior and psychology is the mental aspects - all of these mediums are applied in victimology.

If my answer has been helpful, please ACCEPT my answer so I get credit for my effort to help you . If I can be of further help, let me know. Appropriate FEEDBACK is appreciated as is a bonus. Thanks ~ Michelle

DearCustomer/p>

I see where you have read my answer and have not yet accepted - is there something else I can assist you with - I also see where you have made it a habit to read answers without acceptance (more specifically listing of 4 questions with one accept) - this is an answer site that functions on the Honor System - if there is something else I can assist you with, please let me know - otherwise, If my answer has been helpful, please ACCEPT my answer so I get credit for my effort to help you . If I can be of further help, let me know. Appropriate FEEDBACK is appreciated as is a bonus. Thanks ~ Michelle

Michelle
Michelle
Michelle, Paralegal