Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

what happens if i fail my california driving test 3 times

Customer Question
The driver is my son...
The driver is my son - 16 years old
he has failed two behind the wheel tests
if he fails another, what will he need to do?
Submitted: 10 years ago.Category: Legal
10/23/2007
Lawyer: Attorney & Mediator, Lawyer replied 10 years ago
Attorney & Mediator
According to research if he fails on the third try he will be required to reapply for the examination which will consist of retaking the written exam.

Q: I failed the behind-the-wheel portion of my driver's test. Can I protest my score?

A: You cannot protest the score you received, but you may take the behind the wheel exam up to three times.

Adults can make a request to be retested the same day. Minors who fail the written test must wait one week before taking the exam again. Minors who fail the driving test must wait two weeks.

If after the third time you still need to pass the behind the wheel exam, you must start the application process over from the beginning.

There is also a required retest fee for the second and third times that you take the behind the wheel exam.

The DMV offers many online resources -- including the latest California Driver Handbook -- to help drivers prepare for the tests, including the latest California Driver Handbook. Go to www.DMV.ca.gov and click on the "Publications" tab. The materials are available in nine languages including, Spanish, Chinese, Korean, Punjabi and Vietnamese.

Please accept my answer for the work I have provided you. Thank you for using Just Answer.

Legal Disclaimer: The information given by me is for informational/research use only and you are paying me only for such information. The information contained herewith is not legal advice and by rendering such information there is no formation of an attorney-client relationship. I also do not claim to be licensed to practice in the state where this information is being provided. I strive to provide quality information, but I make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained in or linked herein and it’s associated sites. As law is always changing, you are advised to speak with the appropriate legal counsel for accurate information. Thank you.
Attorney & Mediator
Attorney & Mediator
Attorney & Mediator
Attorney & Mediator, Lawyer