How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jon Your Own Question
Jon, Police or Detective
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 368
Experience:  Certified Police Officer 22 yrs, Certified Polygraph Examinator, Detective 15 yrs
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Jon is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If your in tech. school in the airforce and you fail 2 ...

Customer Question

If your in tech. school in the airforce and you fail 2 block tests do you get seperated? or reclassed? do you get to choose which you would like to get if you fail? as in if you failed both tests do you get the choice to get seperated or to get reclassed?
Submitted: 10 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Jon replied 10 years ago.


Let me see I can explain. When you joined the military, you signed a contract for a specific number of years of service, along with a specific MOS. If you are on active duty, and you are not able to fulfill the training requirements listed in the specific MOS you signed up for, they military branch has many options. They will chose which one they want to use. They can separate you and discharge you. They can recycle you through the same class at a later date. They can reclassify you and send you to a different MOS. Normally you don't get to choose the new MOS, or if you are to be released. This is a discussion that will have to be done. You belong to them.

I hope this information was helpful. If so, please use the Green "ACCEPT" button. If you need additional information don't hesitate to ask. Thanks for using Just Answer.


Jon and 8 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 10 years ago.
well i mean also if you cant like adapt to the new lifestyle within 6 months. if you cant handle the environment your in.
Expert:  Jon replied 10 years ago.

Normally this type of recommendation is done by your superiors. When this happens, it is a discharge under "Other than Honorable Conditions." This can be for a failure to adapt, or the inability of an individual to be trained in a specific area. If you specifically feel like you are unable to adapt to the new environment, speak to one of the chaplains on the base where you are at. This can be done in confidence, and at times they will be willing to act as a go-between for you. Good Luck.


Jon and 8 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 10 years ago.
Reply to Jon's Post: i went to my chaplin and talked to him about it but he said to go to the health clinic and have them evaluate me to see if i can or cannot adapt.
so i should see this way or should i talk to the chaplin again?
Expert:  Jon replied 10 years ago.

Procede with that advise first. Then keep the chaplin in mind. Work through the system.


Customer: replied 10 years ago.
thank you very much i really appreciate the help. if i have anymore questions ill ask you again.
Expert:  Jon replied 10 years ago.
No problem