Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

What is the Florida Law on selling syringes at a local

Customer Question
When selling syringes at a...
When selling syringes at a local pharmacy, must you have a prescription or can we sell them over the counter to anyone over the age of 18 years of age.
Submitted: 10 years ago.Category: Legal
6/29/2007
Lawyer: legaleagle, Lawyer (JD) replied 10 years ago
legaleagle
legaleagle, Lawyer (JD)

currently Florida law prohibits the sale of syringes to persons under 18 without a presciption. So you can sell them to people over 18 as over the counter but to persons under 18.

893.147 Use, possession, manufacture, delivery, transportation, or advertisement of drug paraphernalia.--

(b) It is unlawful for any person to sell or otherwise deliver hypodermic syringes, needles, or other objects which may be used, are intended for use, or are designed for use in parenterally injecting substances into the human body to any person under 18 years of age, except that hypodermic syringes, needles, or other such objects may be lawfully dispensed to a person under 18 years of age by a licensed practitioner, parent, or legal guardian or by a pharmacist pursuant to a valid prescription for same. Any person who violates the provisions of this paragraph is guilty of a misdemeanor of the first degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082 or s. 775.083.

legaleagle
legaleagle
legaleagle, Lawyer (JD)