How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Attorney & Mediator Your Own Ques...
Attorney & Mediator
Attorney & Mediator, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 20012
Experience:  Attorney & Certified Mediator
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Attorney & Mediator is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

at what age in new york state can a child leave home as ...

Resolved Question:

at what age in new york state can a child leave home as long as they have a stable environment ro go to?
Submitted: 10 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Attorney & Mediator replied 10 years ago.
Unless the child is emancipated (by court decree, married or enlisted in the military) a child cannot leave home without the parent's consent until they are a legal adult (age of majority for this issue is 18).

Further, without a court order granting a change in custody to another caretaker for the minor child, the parent may remain liable for any risk of harm which may come to the child, as the parent is legally responsibility until the child is an adult or emancipated.

Legal Disclaimer: The information given by me is for informational/research use only and you are paying me only for such information. The information contained herewith is not legal advice and by rendering such information there is no formation of an attorney-client relationship. I also do not claim to be licensed to practice in the state where this information is being provided. I strive to provide quality information, but I make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained in or linked herein and it’s associated sites. As law is always changing, you are advised to speak with the appropriate legal counsel for accurate information. Thank you.

Attorney & Mediator and other Legal Specialists are ready to help you