How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Attorney & Mediator Your Own Ques...
Attorney & Mediator
Attorney & Mediator, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 20012
Experience:  Attorney & Certified Mediator
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Attorney & Mediator is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

my cousins boyfriend physically abused her, so she

Customer Question

my cousin's boyfriend physically abused her, so she left him. She went to court to get a no-contact/restraining order against him cause he has been calling her at work showing up at her new home, put her new room mate in the hospital. He has damaged her car so she has no transportation and few other things. She went to court and they denied her the no-contact/restraining order. they were never married and she is trying to better her life and stay away from people like this and the system has let her down... please help me what advice can I give her, what can she do from here?
Submitted: 10 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Attorney & Mediator replied 10 years ago.
What she needs to do is press charges against him for each an every assault, battery, and harassment as each is a criminal act. Once prosecuted, you can ask the criminal court judge for an order to prohibit further contact. This order would be different from the restraining order as it would be handed down by the court judge as a court order.

Further, she can sue him for damages to her car.

The room-mate can also press charges against him for the same criminal activity mentioned above. He should not be allowed to walk freely hurting people.

Legal Disclaimer: The information given by me is for informational/research use only and you are paying me only for such information. The information contained herewith is not legal advice and by rendering such information there is no formation of an attorney-client relationship. I also do not claim to be licensed to practice in the state where this information is being provided. I strive to provide quality information, but I make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained in or linked herein and it’s associated sites. As law is always changing, you are advised to speak with the appropriate legal counsel for accurate information. Thank you.