How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Attorney & Mediator Your Own Ques...
Attorney & Mediator
Attorney & Mediator, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 20012
Experience:  Attorney & Certified Mediator
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Attorney & Mediator is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My former husband hid money during our divorce. I am sure

Resolved Question:

My former husband hid money during our divorce. I am sure he perjured himself as I received 8 pages of documentation that reads:"wire transfer from bank...$xxxxx; shows amt of shares dollar amt bought. The next line reads: transfer to (numeric account number) and shows those shares in previous line). So the person transferred money from a bank account to a mutual fund company, then bought X number of shares which were put into another account.
I can figure out what was done but don't know the origin of banks that sent the $ to the mutual fund co to/and company with tax ID number. I am not confused about how he did it - I just want to verify that he _did_ do it. I have a copy of documentation of funds sent to me after divorce which is also listed on page 6 of this list. So there is a direct connection between us, plus this is exactly his style and type of thing he would do. Can the IRS be supoenaed without my ex being notified? Have old tax ID - how can I find company info with IRS
Submitted: 10 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Attorney & Mediator replied 10 years ago.
You will not be able to request any subpoenas or motions for production of documents unless you have a case opened against your ex-husband. Further, any motions for production of records requires notice to the owner of his financial records so that he or his attorney can be given the legal right to object before the court decides whether or not to grant the motion. Without a case open, it will be an intrusion of a person's private affairs.

This aside, if you have such documentation which reveals fraud, this might be excellent grounds to reopen your divorce case inorder to modify the prior court orders which were affected by it. This is best handled by a attorney.

Legal Disclaimer: The information given by me is for informational/research use only and you are paying me only for such information. The information contained herewith is not legal advice and by rendering such information there is no formation of an attorney-client relationship. I also do not claim to be licensed to practice in the state where this information is being provided. I strive to provide quality information, but I make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained in or linked herein and it’s associated sites. As law is always changing, you are advised to speak with the appropriate legal counsel for accurate information. Thank you.

Again you won't be able to get someone's records without their notification and an open case related to the issue.
Attorney & Mediator and 2 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you