How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Attorney & Mediator Your Own Ques...
Attorney & Mediator
Attorney & Mediator, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 20012
Experience:  Attorney & Certified Mediator
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Attorney & Mediator is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How do I sue my divorce attorney for misrepresentation ...

Resolved Question:

How do I sue my divorce attorney for misrepresentation during the proceedings?
Submitted: 11 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Attorney & Mediator replied 11 years ago.
If you have sufficient evidence to support your position you can sue your attorney for malpractice. However, doing this alone is complex and you are advised to seek a malpractice attorney to represent you, although most attorneys do not like to represent clients against another attorney for malpractice. A suit for malpractice is also very tough to prevail. Read the following and make sure you can meet the burden to sue.

Alternatively you can report the attorney to the state bar for acting unprofessionally and the committee will investigate on your behalf and discipline the attorney if there is just cause. Click here for the directory of the state bar of your state.
Attorney & Mediator and other Legal Specialists are ready to help you