How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ed Johnson Your Own Question
Ed Johnson
Ed Johnson, International HR Consultant
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 10760
Experience:  GPHR cer BS, U.S.C. Pueblo; Immigration Law by Am. Mngmnt Association & USCIS Bus. Liaison ofc 1999
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Ed Johnson is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How can i find out if someone has changed their name ...

Customer Question

How can i find out if someone has changed their name in los angeles.How can i find out what their new name is?
Submitted: 11 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Ed Johnson replied 11 years ago.


Do you know the date the person changed the name?

Legal name changes are made in superior court. You can go to the clerk of courts and look up the superior court cases on that day. A general search by name by the clerk will cost a small fee.

Ed Johnson and 5 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 11 years ago.
Reply to Ed Johnson's Post: I don't know if they have definately changedtheir name but having used various ways of finding them. i thought i'd try and find out. he also has a son and would it be easier to find out if the sons name has been changed his son is six years old.
Expert:  Ed Johnson replied 11 years ago.

The son can be tracked through the school system. Have your detective check with the schools.

Actually, its a bit devious, but if you contact the child and depended services and lodge an inquiry that you fear for the safety of the child, they will track down your grandchild.

It will not be frivalous or a lie. It sounds to me that you do fear for thier safety.