How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask The Mystic Wave Your Own Question
The Mystic Wave
The Mystic Wave, Paralegal
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 427
Experience:  30 yrs. exp. in the legal profession. Specializing in Personal Injury, Criminal, Civil & more.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
The Mystic Wave is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Personal property removal on my property.

Resolved Question:

How can I get a large shipping container off my property which was sold to a third party by the previous owner of my home. Repeated requests to have it removed have filed. I purchased my home 16 months ago and the previous owner assured me that the container would be removed by the third party.
Submitted: 12 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  The Mystic Wave replied 12 years ago.


If you haven't already done so, you will need to send a letter to the previous owner and third party, via certified mail, return receipt requested. Advise that they have 30 days in which to remove the property from your premises, otherwise, you will discard of it accordingly. Mention that should they wish to discuss this matter that they can contact you by responding to the letter.

If they do not respond within the time specified (30 days), you will need to contact the sheriff's department. They will advise you on how to proceed with the handling of this matter.

Should you take it upon yourself to remove the propety without going through the proper steps, stated above, you may be sued for same. Note: Some people have been known to place personal property in storage and then sue the owner for reimbursements of storage costs. However, the sheriff's department will direct you accordingly. Allow the 30 days to pass first - save a copy of the letter for your records, you will need this as proof (along with the certified return receipt) that you have made all effort possible.

If you wish for further information, please do not hesitate to let me know.

My best to you.

Bright Blessings.

Peace, Love & Happiness,

The Mystic Wave

The Mystic Wave and 5 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you