I have a bottle fed 2 week old baby goat who has been doing ok but i believe ingested a little bit of Ming Aralia plant

Expert's Assistant chatimg
Customer: HI I have a bottle fed 2 week old baby goat who has been doing ok but i believe ingested a little bit of Ming Aralia plant about two hours ago. He’s a little woozy, not eating, and the slightest tremors. I read that it has low toxicity but since he’s so little Im just curious. He is also supposed to be getting an antibiotic shot in his rump today and I’m curious if I should wait and let the toxins leave is system first.
JA: Hi there. I'll do all I can to help. A lack of appetite can seem worrying. Does the goat also seem more tired than usual?
Customer: no not tired like sleepy but not bucking around like earlier today. With older goats it seems like it might make them sick but they’d be fine…
JA: Does the goat seem to be in any pain?
Customer: no pain
JA: What's the goat's name?
Customer: he tries to eat from bottle but almost seems to get choked up
JA: Is there anything else the Vet should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Rider
Answered by Kady, DVM in 2 hours 1 month ago
imglogo
Kady, DVM
Pet Specialist
logo

Specialities include: Large Animal Veterinary, Horse Veterinary, Livestock Veterinary Medicine

Hi I’m Dr Kady and happy to help! How has he been doing throughout the day??
Customer
HI! Im sorry ive been out feeding. He’s been slow- not his rambunctious self. He tries to eat milk/bottle but it’s like he gets a little choked or something and then turns away from it.
Customer
it seems like he trembles a little every few minutes but it is so very slight that it’s really hard to see.

Most likely is feeling nauseous. You can give him a 1/4 tsp of baking soda. I would wait a couple hours until offering him another bottle. If he gets worse by tomorrow I would take him to your vet!

Customer
ok. How do I give him the baking soda?

You can add some water to it and syringe it in. Of if he will bring bottle fed water

Customer
copy that. Thank you.
You’re welcome! If you see any other signs let me know!
Read less
unlike
0 Likes
logoBack
logologo
Kady, DVM
logo
logo
logo
Pet Specialist
img
imglogo
Kady, DVM
Pet Specialist
logo

Licensed veterinarians

Pearl avatar
Pearl Wilson, Veterinarian's Assistant
116 Veterinarians are online right now.