My mare is 7 months pregnant. Today while getting her massage she was urinating very frequently. It was a yellow cloudy

Expert's Assistant chatimg
Customer: My mare is 7 months pregnant. Today while getting her massage she was urinating very frequently. It was a yellow cloudy urine. I would say roughly 9 times in the span of 3-5 hours. Is this normal for a pregnant mare or should I be concerned?
Answered by BeverlyC1016 in 1 hour 2 months ago
imglogo
BeverlyC1016
Pet Specialist
logo

Specialities include: Large Animal Veterinary, Horse Veterinary, Livestock Veterinary Medicine

HI, this is Dr Beverly Chevallier, and I am a veterinarian for JustAnswer and I will try to help you with your pregnant mare urinating so frequently.

I certainly understand your concern.

I have been a practicing mixed animal veterinarian for 39 years in NW Arkansas. I practice Western and Eastern Veterinary Medicine.

Where do you live and what is the weather like there? That could be important. (And I’m very curious to know where you live and what your weather is like there, too…)

Unfortunately, we are unable to prescribe medications on this site, but we can offer alternatives to prescription products and we can help you find them in the stores near you.

This is not a full service veterinary service and we do not do video calls, so we are not able to physically examine your animal, but you can send pictures and videos and they are immensely helpful with our diagnoses and will greatly aid in the accurate advice we give to you about your animal.

Just Answer will ask you if you want a phone call. You are under no obligation to accept that. I will be glad to talk to you on the phone if you prefer, but I will also be glad to keep chatting via text. It is just that many times a phone call can cover alot of information in a short period of time and it can be very helpful.

Your question does not have a time stamp on it and I apologize ahead of time if your question has not been answered in a timely manner.

The more information I have, the more likely I will be able to assist you.

Thank you.

Dr Beverly Chevallier

It could be perfectly normal for your mare to urinate so often with her being 7 months pregnant.  But she could also have a UTI.

Can you take a urine sample to her vet to have them check for a UTI?

Customer
I live in central Wi. This past weekend was about 40 degrees and today it was 30. Tomorrow it is supposed to snow but be about 30-35 degrees. She does stall at night as well
Customer
I can definitely do that!

That way you can be sure.  It could just be the foal pushing on her bladder (I've been There before).

But it is better to be sure.

Customer
Okay thank you! Should I also continue her monthly massage or would that be too much on her?

You are very welcome.  I would certainly continue the massages.  That sounds great.

Please keep me updated with your mare, and I hope I have answered your questions. Let me know if I need to clarify anything.

Do you have any additional questions I can help you with?

If I can ever help you with any of your animals, please just text me back here or add me to your Favorite Expert list and the question will come directly to me. I will get the message much faster. I will help you any time I can.

Thank you,

Dr Beverly Chevallier

(BeverlyC1016)

Customer
Not right now! Thank you!

You are welcome.  I hope she foals and they do good.  Foals are so precious!

Read less
unlike
0 Likes
logoBack
logologo
BeverlyC1016
logo
logo
logo
Pet Specialist
imglogo
BeverlyC1016
+ years of experience
logo

Licensed veterinarians

Pearl avatar
Pearl Wilson, Veterinarian's Assistant
116 Veterinarians are online right now.