Goat vomiting baying loudly. Liquid yellow per my son I'm not home yet. Probably..my goats free range 19 acres but this

Expert's Assistant chatimg
Customer: goat vomiting baying loudly
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Does the vomit look liquidy or foamy? Is there food in it?
Customer: liquid yellow per my son I'm not home yet
JA: Could the goat have eaten anything unusual?
Customer: probably..my goats free range 19 acres but this has never happened before
JA: And what's the goat's name and age?
Customer: lala 2 years old
JA: Is there anything else the Vet should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no
Answered by BeverlyC1016 in 51 mins 1 year ago
imglogo
BeverlyC1016
Pet Specialist
logo

Specialities include: Large Animal Veterinary, Horse Veterinary, Livestock Veterinary Medicine

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. This is Dr Beverly Chevallier, and I would like to help you with your goat today. I am sorry you are having concerns with Lala vomiting and being sick.

I have been a practicing veterinarian for awhile, and I would like to try to help you. First, I need some information. Provide as many details as possible about your situation and I will be glad to try to help.

Where do you live and what is the weather like there? That could be important. (And I’m very curious to know where you live and what your weather is like there, too…)

Unfortunately, we are unable to prescribe medications on this site, but we can offer alternatives to prescription products and we can help you find them in the stores near you.

This is not a full service veterinary service, so we are not able to physically examine your animal, but you can send pictures and videos and they are immensely helpful with our diagnoses and will greatly aid in the accurate advice we give to you about your animal.

Just Answer will ask you if you want a phone call.  You are under no obligation to accept that.  I will be glad to talk to you on the phone if you prefer, but I will also be glad to keep chatting via text.

The more information I have, the more likely I will be able to assist you. Thank you. Dr Beverly Chevallier.

How often is Lala vomiting?

Is she able to stand up?

Is she eating today?

Customer
OK great. She has stopped vomiting. She is standing up. She is baying at me. She has eaten today all day in the pasture.

If she just vomited once or twice, she should be ok.  Sometimes that happens when they eructate their cud.  She should be ok.

Customer
Oh OK should we give baking soda or anything. Or just watch her.

Just watch her.  Please keep me updated.

Customer
OK thank you. Where are u from ?

You are welcome.  I'm in NW Arkansas.

Customer
Wonderful thank you . It's reassuring ..I have been trying to find a vet for my animals on the farm forever. I just stumbled across your service. Thanks again.
Karen

Karen, you are very welcome.  Please let me know if I can ever help you.  Just text back here.

Read less
unlike
0 Likes
logoBack
logologo
BeverlyC1016
logo
logo
logo
Pet Specialist
imglogo
BeverlyC1016
+ years of experience
logo

Licensed veterinarians

Pearl avatar
Pearl Wilson, Veterinarian's Assistant
116 Veterinarians are online right now.