CountryDoc
CountryDoc, Veterinarian
Experience:  Experienced mixed animal veterinarian
16703648

Have lost 30 goats at first thought it was to much copper in

Customer Question

Have lost 30 goats at first thought it was to much copper in salt block but took that away still dying. They act like they are drunk then parilized and die next day
JA: The Doctor can help. Just a couple quick questions before I transfer you. What are their symptoms? Have they used any medication for this?
Customer: No do not know what to give. No one seems to know
JA: Have they seen a doctor about this?
Customer: No can’t afford
JA: Anything else in their medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: No. Loose one every day don’t act sick and then once they act drunk they die
Submitted: 6 days ago.
Category: Large Animal Veterinary
Expert:  Amber Hinson replied 3 days ago.

Hello, I'm Dr. Hinson and I'd like to try and help you with your question about your goats. How big was the herd and how many do you have left? Are these meat or milk goats? Any new goats brought into the property recently? Where are you located?