Large Animal Veterinary

Ask a large animal vet and get answers to your questions ASAP

Ask a Veterinarian,

Calf two months old never grew added formula mothers milk…

Customer Question
Calf two months old...

Calf two months old never grew added formula mothers milk did not come in very good calf getting weak wobbly not wanting to eat tried getting fecus out hard and clumpy not runny like normal cow dung. yellow in color

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is the calf's name?

Koala

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Koala?

Not that I can think of except mom is first time mama but seems to be real good mom

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Large Animal Veterinary
5/27/2018
Large Animal Vet: Dan C., DVM, Veterinarian replied 2 months ago
Dan C., DVM
Dan C., DVM, Veterinarian

Good afternoon, and thanks for your question. My apologies for the length of time it has taken for someone to get in touch with you concerning Koala. I just logged in and saw your post. Do you still need some assistance?

Dan C., DVM

Hello again! If you still need some help, I have an important question for you that may be related to Koala's behavior. You mentioned that the Mother cow had a difficulty with milk production. Did Koala drink any of the cow's milk when first born, or was she given the formula plus some of the cow's milk within the first 24 hours? Was the cow's milk initially a bit thicker than normal and yellow in color?

Thanks,

-Dan C., DVM