Large Animal Veterinary

Ask a large animal vet and get answers to your questions ASAP

Ask a Veterinarian,

Two days ago my ewe had triplets. The smallest one wasn’t…

Customer Question
Two days ago my...

Two days ago my ewe had triplets. The smallest one wasn’t taking very well to his mom so I’ve been supplementing him with a bottle. Today I went out there and found him laying flat on his side, too weak to get up or even hold his head up, and noticed he was foaming at the mouth a bit. Is there anything I can do? Or is it too late for him?

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Expert will know how to help your ewe. What is the ewe's name?

Daisy

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Daisy?

She’s a 5 year old polypay cross

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Large Animal Veterinary
3/31/2018
Large Animal Vet: Dr. B., Veterinarian replied 3 months ago
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.

Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner. If you would still like assistance, can you tell me:

How is he just now?

What is his temperature?

Are his gums pink or pale/white?

Can you take a breathing rate for me (just count his breaths for 10 seconds + multiply by 6)?