Large Animal Veterinary

Ask a large animal vet and get answers to your questions ASAP

Ask a Veterinarian,

I have an older potbelly pig. What can I give her for pain,

Customer Question
I have an older...

I have an older potbelly pig. What can I give her for pain, over the counter

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is the pig's name and age?

Her name is ***** ***** she is about 12 years old

Veterinarian's Assistant: How old is Penny?

12

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Penny?

Are you still there

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Large Animal Veterinary
3/11/2018
Large Animal Vet: Joan, Veterinary Technician replied 4 months ago
Joan
Joan, Veterinary Technician

My name Is ***** ***** I have been a Vet tech for 35+ years. I would like to assist you.

The safest medication you can give for Pain over the counter is Plain Buffered Aspirin and this is given at 325 mg twice a day.. THis is meant to be short term until you can have Penny seen by her Vet.

Please hit reply for and questions. If I have addressed your concerns, please take a moment to rate my service 5 stars.

Joan

Thank you, ***** ***** give Penny the aspirin.

You are welcome! Th Buffered aspirin should help. If I have addressed your concerns, pelase take a moment to rate my service 5 stars.

Joan

I will pay the $5.00 for this answer but I do not want to join and pay monthly. Can I get a refund for the month that you have charged me for?

I do not have anything to do with the finances, but will send to customer service.

Joan

Thank you! will they contact me this same way