Large Animal Veterinary

Ask a large animal vet and get answers to your questions ASAP

Ask a Veterinarian,

I have had a bum weather for a couple of days now and was…

Customer Question
I have had a...

I have had a bum weather for a couple of days now and was perfectly fine the last two days but when I was bottle feeding him this morning he started bleeding from the nose and seems a little lethargic.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What sort of animal are we talking about?

Lamb

Veterinarian's Assistant: OK. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Expert will know how to help the lamb. What is the lamb's name?

Lamb chop

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the lamb?

Has been away from mom since day one. Sleeps and hangs out with our dogs all day outside. Sleeps inside the chicken coop now in a crate. I think he may have hit his nose but I’m not sure. I’m totally new at this

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Large Animal Veterinary
3/10/2018
Large Animal Vet: Dr. B., Veterinarian replied 4 months ago
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today.

Was the blood from one or both nostrils? Was it a bit or more than a spoonful?

Any sneezing or changes to his breathing rate?

Are his inner eyelids pink or pale/white?

Any fever or access to toxins?

Did he get colostrum from mum on day one?

Is he still eating for you?