Large Animal Veterinary

Ask a large animal vet and get answers to your questions ASAP

Ask a Veterinarian,

I have a Boar Goat, he is a pet I rescued him 12 years ago.

In the last 3 years...
I have a Boar Goat, he is a pet I rescued him 12 years ago. In the last 3 years he has had a runny nose. He has also gotten thin which I don't know if its age or what. I had him tested for worms and he had cocksidia and long something. The vet got me something for both and had him retested about a month later and his loads were acceptable. The other thing that bothered me is he has a real hi voice and I never noticed it until the last few years. I do not have a way to take him in to the vet I am elderly now and just can manage him. I just thought maybe something I told you might give you some clues as to if and what might be wrong. I know I should hire someone to take him in but living on Social Security leaves little room for that unless I am sure he needs it. He is a wether goat by the way.
Hope you can help. Terri
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/4/2018
Dr. Schmidt
Dr. Schmidt, Veterinarian

Hello, this is Dr. Schmidt. Thank you for using JustAnswer. I'm hoping to get a little bit more information from you about the goat if you wouldn't mind.

1) What color is the discharge?

2) Have you noticed any difficulty eating or drinking?

3) Have you noticed any sneezing?

Never mind I found him dead this morning. He was a great goat fun to be with, he will be missed.
Thank you
I'm sorry to hear that. My condolences.Dr. Schmidt
Dr. Schmidt
Dr. Schmidt, Veterinarian