Large Animal Veterinary

Connect one-on-one with a verified large animal vet who will answer your question

Dr. Schmidt
Dr. Schmidt
Dr. Schmidt, Veterinarian

More related answers
All large animal vets are VERIFIED
My potbelly pig I think is running a fever. she is slightly
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinary Degree (BVMS)
my potbelly pig I think is running a fever. she is slightly severing , but she ate diner. She is around 190lb and I cannot get her in the car to go to the vet tonight. Any suggestion? … read more
I have a pig and it has a bump on her side and it doesn't
Richard Rawling
Richard Rawling, Veterinary Surgeon
Hi I have a pig and it has a bump on her side and it doesn't hurt her or seems to affect her in any way. My concern is that this is a show pig that my boy wants to show in a month and want to figure t… read more
Their: I have a 5 year old boer doe and her head swole? up
Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Large and small animal Veterinarian
Hi Their: I have a 5 year old boer doe and her head swole? up and she has very lose stool.… read more
I have a 5 month old potbellied female. I just noticed today
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinary Degree (BVMS)
I have a 5 month old potbellied female. I just noticed today that her vaginal area looks pink and swollen, like a very small inner tube. She's drinking plenty, but I noticed that's she's been eating l… read more
I have a female pot belly pig that is 4 yrs old. She lives
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinary Degree (BVMS)
I have a female pot belly pig that is 4 yrs old. She lives outdoors, but comes inside, mostly at night in the cold weather. I believe her to be pregnant and due to farrow around March 4. I have notice… read more
My potbelly pig is a year old and i think she is sick. She
Dr. Steve
Dr. Steve, Practicing Veterinarian
My potbelly pig is a year old and i think she is sick. She has not been eating right. She still drinks some what but she isnt excited to eat. Her bowl of food is still fool from this morning. That is … read more
We have a cow that we added to our herd a few weeks ago. She
Dr. Matt
Dr. Matt, Practice Owner/Veterinarian
We have a cow that we added to our herd a few weeks ago. She has a calf on the ground. As of Monday she was fine, no problems noted. Did not see her Tuesday. As of Wednesday evening she has a large kn… read more
my pot belly ate 1 small snickers, small kit kat bar, small
Dr. Loretta
my pot belly ate 1 small snickers, small kit kat bar, small bag of peanut m&m's and some mentos. These were the size candies you give kids on Halloween. She has never eaten this before. I know this ca… read more
I have a 15 year old pot bellied pig. She has developed a large
Equine Vet
Equine Vet, Veterinarian
I have a 15 year old pot bellied pig. She has developed a large lump in her right cheek. At first I thought it was an abscess and wuld come to a head and drain. It did not, and we were finially able t… read more
I have a ten year old female alpaca that has a growth the size
Dr. Todd
Dr. Todd, Doctor of Veterinary Medicine
I have a ten year old female alpaca that has a growth the size of a golf ball on the side of her face what can I do… read more
pig: on to crear him i am low income pleas help jim
Dr. Todd
Dr. Todd, Doctor of Veterinary Medicine
i have a15 year old potbelll pig with exstremley inlarged scrotem i need help on to crear him i am low income pleas help jim… read more
Two weeks ago my 2 and half year old doe acquired a large bump
Dr. Loretta
Two weeks ago my 2 and half year old doe acquired a large bump on her back right side, right where the hollow usually is on a goat. It was very tender to the touch and got larger in a couple days. The… read more
I have a goat I was treating for mastitis for the past two
Dr. Todd
Dr. Todd, Doctor of Veterinary Medicine
I have a goat I was treating for mastitis for the past two weeks. Her milk has cleared up ,No more flakes or strings and ph is correct on Mastitis strip.Problem is she still has a lump the size of a g… read more
this is my frist time raising hog my female have acouple of
Dr. Loretta
this is my frist time raising hog my female have acouple of lumps on her tist inbetween her back leg ,an one of the lump burst an there a hole size of a quarter an now she feeling sick… read more
I have a Nubian goat that has two bumps (a little smaller than
Dr. Loretta
I have a Nubian goat that has two bumps (a little smaller than a golf ball) that are located by her jaw toward her throat. She is pregnant and due any day. She will let you touch the bumps and do not … read more
our one and a half year old pot belly pig is having problems
Dr. Jill
Dr. Jill, Veterinarian
our one and a half year old pot belly pig is having problems with her back legs, when she walks and eats, shes ok. But the back legs give out and she will try and sit but squeels (however you spell it… read more
Our 6 month old doe boer goat developed a swollen knee joint.
Dr. Todd
Dr. Todd, Doctor of Veterinary Medicine
Our 6 month old doe boer goat developed a swollen knee joint. It's been swollen for 2 weeks now, it not getting worse but the swelling is still present. Is there anything I can do? Thanks. Ken… read more
I have hereford bulls that have been line-bred from Anxiety
Dr. Maggie
Dr. Maggie, Veterinarian
I have hereford bulls that have been line-bred from Anxiety 4. Of the 11 bulls I purchased, 5 have died over the last 2 years--from perhaps a weak immune system. The latest problem appears in the form… read more