Large Animal Veterinary

Ask a large animal vet and get answers to your questions ASAP

Ask a Veterinarian,

Our billy goat was very active for a couple of weeks and all…

Customer Question
Our billy goat was...

Our billy goat was very active for a couple of weeks and all of a sudden it stopped and now it looks very sick and doesn't eat. It looks very weak, What's happening with it. What shall we do?

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is the billy goat's name and age?

His name is ***** ***** it's 3 years old

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Terry?

I'm not sure, it never got close to the females, it was loud and running around in his pen and one day, it just all of a sudden stopped and got weak.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Large Animal Veterinary
12/7/2017
Large Animal Vet: Dr. Schmidt, Veterinarian replied 7 months ago
Dr. Schmidt
Dr. Schmidt, Veterinarian
Hello, this is Dr. Schmidt. When was the last time he urinated?
Everyone's at work 8 to 5, but I think it does daily.
If I need to pay more, no
I paid $5 and I don't get any suggestions?
Large Animal Vet: Dr. Meghan Denney, Veterinarian replied 7 months ago
Dr. Meghan Denney
Dr. Meghan Denney, Veterinarian

I am so sorry your question got mis categorized as a cat question so i need to swtich you to large animal.

If it takes a while for your question to get re-categorized I would recommend calling your regular veterinarian as with male goats they can get urinary bloackages and this can lead to acute kidney failure and death. That is why this may be an emergent situation

I need to recommend that Terry be seen by your regular veterinarian as soon as possible as most often when a male goat has these symptoms it is due to a urinary blockage.