Large Animal Veterinary

Ask a large animal vet and get answers to your questions ASAP

Ask a Veterinarian,

The best way to treat goats with tapeworms. Spanish all ages…

Customer Question
The best way to...

The best way to treat goats with tapeworms

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. There are all sorts of infestations the goat can pick up. I'll have you talk to the Veterinarian who'll sort out what is wrong and help you decide what to do about it. What is the goat's name and age?

Spanish all ages in the wild

Veterinarian's Assistant: How old is Spanish?

6 weeks to 5 years

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Spanish?

Just Spanish Goats

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Large Animal Veterinary
12/5/2017
Large Animal Vet: Dr. G., Veterinarian replied 7 months ago
Dr. G.
Dr. G., Veterinarian

Hello, my name is***** am a licensed veterinarian and I will try and help you as best as I can.

Please allow a few minutes for me to read your responses and for me to respond back.

There is only one approved product to treat goats currently in the US.

It is albendazole. The brand name is***** can be given to all the goats to treat for tapeworms.

The dosing is present on the package label based on weight of the goats, but a the dose is 2ml per 25lbs of weight.

This is typically a single treatment without any follow up treatments.

That should take care of the tapeworms that your goats have.

I wish you and your goats the best.

I strive for 100% Customer Satisfaction. Please feel free to reply back to me if you need any further information or if you are unsatisfied with this chat. Otherwise, please accept this answer and leave positive feedback for this conversation. Thank you very much and have a great day!

I just wanted to check in. I never heard back from you. How is your goat doing? Is there anything else I can help you with? Please feel free to reply back at your convenience and let me know if there is anything more I can do for you. Also, please feel free to leave positive feedback for this conversation at any time so we know you no longer require continuing this conversation. I wish you and your pet the best. Have a great day!