Large Animal Veterinary

Ask a large animal vet and get answers to your questions ASAP

Ask a Veterinarian,

I have a jersey cow she is not eating, just not her self I…

Customer Question
I have a jersey...

I have a jersey cow she is not eating, just not her self I hear a little rattling in chest I don't see any snots

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the Jersey's name and age?

Elsie 4yrs old

Veterinarian's Assistant: How old is Elsie?

4 yrs old

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Elsie?

Other then not eating lil rattling in chest very mopey

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Large Animal Veterinary
Answered in 2 days by:
12/4/2017
Large Animal Vet: Jay Bickers, Veterinarian replied 6 months ago
Jay Bickers
Jay Bickers, Veterinarian
I am the vet thats going to try to help you with Elsies problem. It sounds like she probably has pneumonia. This will commonly lead to going off feed and depression. Your best best bet is to work with your vet and get her on the right antibiotics. They might need to ultrasound her chest to make sure she doesn’t have a plueropneumonia.
I hope this helps.
Sincerely
Jay