Large Animal Veterinary

Ask a large animal vet and get answers to your questions ASAP

Ask a Veterinarian,

I have 4 year cow lost her last calf seems to have a bad hip…

Customer Question
I have 4 year cow...
I have 4 year cow lost her last calf seems to have a bad hip now will it heal or should she go to market
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Large Animal Veterinary
10/5/2017
Large Animal Vet: Dr Linda, Veterinarian replied 10 months ago
Dr Linda
Dr Linda, Veterinarian

Hello, this is Dr. Linda. I hope I can help with your concerns today.

Has the cow been down for a full 3 days? Can you tell if she has moved/rolled over at all?

If I read your comments correctly, you never found the calf, right? Have you checked to make sure the calf is not in the birth canal?

I will monitor this post until about 5pm cst today for your reply.

Thank you.