Large Animal Veterinary

Ask a large animal vet and get answers to your questions ASAP

Ask a Veterinarian,

My potbelly pig I think is running a fever. she is slightly…

Customer Question
My potbelly pig I...

My potbelly pig I think is running a fever. she is slightly severing , but she ate diner. She is around 190lb and I cannot get her in the car to go to the vet tonight. Any suggestion?

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. The Expert will know if the pig will be able to digest that. What is the pig's name and age?

Maude

Veterinarian's Assistant: How old is Maude?

7

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Maude?

She is limping on and off . She is a rescue and her hoofs are bit deformed

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Large Animal Veterinary
I got tri buffered aspirin 325 MLs
9/24/2017
Large Animal Vet: Dr. B., Veterinarian replied 10 months ago
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.

Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner, but can you tell me:

Have you taken a temperature? What is the reading?

Is she holding the leg up or dragging it?

If you feel up and down the leg, any swellings, tender spots, bruising, or bony crunching?

Any discomfort when you flex and extend each joint? Any joint swellings or puffiness?

Are her gums pink or pale/white?

Any coughing, sneezing or changes to her breathing?