CountryDoc
CountryDoc, Veterinarian
Experience:  Experienced mixed animal veterinarian
16703648

One of my pigs(One of seven pigs - who are 4months old) is

Customer Question

One of my pigs(One of seven pigs - who are 4months old) is quite lethargic and seems to be getting a rash all over her body. Some of the rash spots are in ring shaped - other areas of rash have no consistency of shape or pattern. No interest in food or drink most of today.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. This sounds like it might be serious. I'll let the Veterinarian know what's going on ASAP. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about your pig?
Customer: I don't think so(?) - our pigs are raised on pasture. The area they are on now has not been pastured in 3-4 years.
Category: Large Animal Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 2 months ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.

How long has she had these signs?

Any others affected?

Is the rash raised or crusty?

Does she have a fever?

Any access to toxins or harmful plants?

Can you take a photo of this to let me see what you are seeing? To post a photo, you can use the paper clip button on the tool bar above the text box. Or if you cannot see that on your phone/computer, then you can post them on any site (ie Flickr, Photobucket, Imgr etc) and paste the web link here for me to have a peek.