CountryDoc
CountryDoc, Veterinarian
Experience:  Experienced mixed animal veterinarian
16703648

We have Angora goats. Both moms were outside in our field.

Customer Question

We have Angora goats. Both moms were outside in our field. Brought them in before dark. As I approached, I saw our horned one laying down. She didn't get up. Saw her left ear ripped off.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Veterinarian will know how to help the Angora goat. What is the Angora goat's name and age?
Customer: Her name is Cosmos & she's 3 years old.
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Cosmos?
Customer: Her left ear was ripped off. She wasn't bleedding when I got to her.
Category: Large Animal Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 3 months ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.

Any other wounds?

Are her inner eyelids pink or pale/white?

Can you take a photo so I can see what you are seeing? To post it, you can use the paper clip button on the tool bar above the text box (last icon). Or if you cannot see that, then post it on any site (ie Flickr, Photobucket, Imgr Instagram, etc) & paste the link here for me.