Dr. Derek
Dr. Derek, Large Animal Vet
Experience:  Mixed animal veterinarian for nine years
88281037

We have a jersey cow who has had 1 calf a year and a half

Customer Question

We have a jersey cow who has had 1 calf a year and a half ago. I let her dry up after milking for most of last year, and we have been looking for a place to have her rebred... For the past couple of weeks I've noticed that her udders look like they are half full or something, and I felt around to see if she was in pain but she doesn't seem to be. What do you think could cause her to swell like this?
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What is the Jersey's name and age?
Customer: Lady, she's around 4, I think? We got her at a dairy when she was carrying her first calf ...
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about We?
Customer: ?
Submitted: 12 days ago.
Category: Large Animal Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Derek replied 11 days ago.
Hello I'm Dr. Derek, a mixed animal veterinarian. I hope to be of assistance today. I apologize that it's taken a while for your question to be addressed, I'm only now coming online and just saw it.Have you noticed any sign of heat cycling lately and if so, is her cyclic activity regular?
Expert:  Dr. Derek replied 9 days ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. Derek