Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in treating large animals of all kinds.
16881297

What to do after cow has calf and past after birthin 1 week?

Customer Question

what to do after cow has calf and past after birthin 1 week?
Category: Large Animal Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 8 months ago.

Welcome to Justanswer. I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian, and would like to assist you. I will respond quickly after reviewing your question.

Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

If the afterbirth remained inside the uterus for a week, this will certainly cause a severe uterine infection that will need to be treated. If left untreated, this can cause permanent damage to the uterus leaving this cow infertile. Most often, your vet will flush out the uterus with betadine and place this cow on systemic antibiotics to be sure that the uterus will remain healthy.

Does that make sense to you?

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you.

Sincerely, ***** *****

Hi Johnny,

I'm just following up on our conversation about Johnny V Martin. How is everything going?

Dr. Loretta