Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in treating large animals of all kinds.
16881297

My goat is bleeding and she is not due for 2 weeks, she is

Customer Question

my goat is bleeding and she is not due for 2 weeks
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What is the matter with your goat?
Customer: she is pregnant, and is due in two weeks is bleeding from the vagina
JA: The Veterinarian will know what to do about this bleeding. I'll connect you ASAP. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about your goat?
Customer: this is her first pregnancy
Category: Large Animal Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 7 months ago.

Welcome to Justanswer. I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian, and would like to assist you. I will respond quickly after reviewing your question.

Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

It is not unusual for goats to abort early during the first pregnancy and this may be what is happening. This bleeding may also be caused by problems with the fetus making it unviable and your goats reaction to this is to reject this fetus. There is also chance that this bleeding is only premature and she may still deliver the kid or kids on time without incidence. There is nothing you or your vet can do at this point except wait and watch for any other signs. If she is aborting the fetus, there is no way to stop this process once it begins. With any luck, this is the goat preparing for delivery.

Does that make sense to you?

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you.

Sincerely, ***** *****