Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in treating large animals of all kinds.
16881297

My lamb got hot yesterday and cannot stand, he try's to get

Customer Question

my lamb got hot yesterday and cannot stand, he try's to get up and his front and back legs shake and will not stand and has hard time holding head up.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Veterinarian will know how to help your lamb. What is the lamb's name and age?
Customer: Jasper, 6-months
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Jasper?
Customer: no
Category: Large Animal Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 1 year ago.

Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

It may be that your lamb did suffer a form of heat stroke and the best thing you can do is to keep him hydrated with electrolytes available at the farm supply given every 6 hrs. I would also worry that Jasper may also be suffering from a Vitamin E/Selenium deficiency so give him a dose of BOSE also available at the farm supply once and the 2 days later. The dose is shown on the bottle. I would also recommend that you give him Karo Syrup a tablespoon every 6 hrs to guard against hypoglycemia that can make them weak.

Since it is hard to know what is causing this, it is best to give Jasper everything that it possibly could be..it will nto hurt him and may bring him back.

Does that make sense to you?

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you.

Sincerely, ***** *****