Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian
Experience:  As a veterinarian, I have been educated to treat all animals, big and small.
60269376

10 week old barrow. Eats, drinks, moves around but has a

Customer Question

10 week old barrow. Eats, drinks, moves around but has a loose stool; green colored. He is fed a 17% feed and has constant access to green pasture. He may be a little bloated but then again they are all (3) doing excellent in health and putting on weight other than this loose stool.
Category: Large Animal Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today.

In regards ***** *****'s current signs, we do need to tread with care. Its great that he is otherwise well and not losing weight, but we don't want this to start to take a toll on him or compromise his growth potential.

Therefore, in this case, we'd want to initiate supportive care. To start, you can consider starting him on probiotics and Kaolin/Kaopectate. Both can be purchased OTC at most farm supply stores. The former will help balance the good gut bacteria that should be helping him digest and form normal stool. The latter will help slow the diarrhea for him to again help stool formation and keep him from dehydrating.

Further to that, it would be ideal to make sure he is wormed since he is on pasture but otherwise collect a stool sample for analysis. This can be submitted to your vet even without having him seen. And that way we can check for bacterial, viruses, and parasites. Depending on which is found to be causing this, treatment can be initiated to clear this and get his stools back to normal as quickly as possible.

Kind regards,

Dr. B.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. **Afterwards, I would be grateful if you would rate my service by clicking on the "Rate my Expert' button at the top of the page as this is the only way I am credited for helping you. Thank you for your feedback!: )

Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.
Hi Lorie,
I'm just following up on our conversation about Bruno. How is everything going?
Dr. B.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your response to Bruno's issues. I will follow your advice. Even appears to be doing well...so far. Lorie
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.

You are very welcome, Lorie.

I am glad to have been of help and is doing well. :)

Keep up the good work,

Dr. B.

**Afterwards, I would be grateful if you would rate my service by clicking on the "Rate my Expert' button at the top of the page as this is the only way I am credited for helping you. Thank you for your feedback!: )