Dan C., DVM
Dan C., DVM, Veterinarian
Experience:  Equine Practitioner. Owner of Mobile Equine/Large Animal Practice for 16 years.
8634083

Can a 2 year old male goat get a vasectomy instead of being

Customer Question

can a 2 year old male goat get a vasectomy instead of being neutered?
Category: Large Animal Veterinary
Expert:  Dan C., DVM replied 1 year ago.
Greetings, and thanks for the question:The answer to your question is yes! I have performed multiple vasectomies on bucks, with the reason being that the owner wants to use the buck as a “teaser” buck, in order to help bring does, and/or determine if they are in heat. The procedure is relatively safe and simple, and can be done at your barn in a matter of fifteen minutes, in the hands of a vet that is familiar with the surgery. There are no long-term side effects; however, it is a rather complicated ordeal to “undo” the surgery should you change your mind later down the road.I trust I’ve been of some help, and please let me know if you have any further questions.Many thanks,-Dan C., DVM.
Hi Jean Schrader,

I'm just following up on our conversation about Billy The Kidd. How is everything going?

Dan C., DVM