Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian
Experience:  As a veterinarian, I have been educated to treat all animals, big and small.
60269376

Rocky, 12yr blue cattle, is licking cement, bricks and dirt,

Customer Question

rocky, 12yr blue cattle, is licking cement, bricks and dirt, even tries to chew cement, he has cancer of the osephegus, his diet is milkraw eggwheetbix, beef tea, mince vegemite, glucosomine, fish oil calcium magnesium tablets, as well as sardines etc, what is he lacking, thank you
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Strange behavior is often perplexing. I'm sure the Veterinarian can help you. What is the cattle's name?
Customer: his name is ***** ***** vet just said to call her when the time is right
JA: Anything else I can tell the Veterinarian before I connect you two?
Customer: he has lost a lot of weight, his back legs are a bit shaky, and sleeps a lit but then he will hear someone walking passed the high side fence and he is off loke a black streak
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Large Animal Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.
Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help. Based on Rocky's behavior, this raises concerns of Pica. This is something we often see in pets with anemia (low red blood cell levels). Therefore, you may want to ring his vet about starting treatment with anabolic steroids and/or synthetic erythropoietin to stimulate the bone marrow to make more red blood cells. At the same time, she can also check his iron levels and if those are low then that too could be supplemented (You could also start him on an iron containing dog specific vitamin at this stage but of course don't want to start pure iron supplements without testing to avoid any toxicity issues). Please take care,Dr. B. -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. **Please rate my service afterwards, as this is the only way I am credited for helping you today. Thank you! : )
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. B.