Large Animal Veterinary

Ask a large animal vet and get answers to your questions ASAP

Ask a Veterinarian,

Should we change any eating diets, is there good or bad or…

Customer Question
should we change any eating...
should we change any eating diets, is there good or bad hey, or grain, during the carrying days
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Large Animal Veterinary
I thought that the answer would be quick and easy, going on 8 hrs the first question to hook me was answered with in minutes
Answered in 4 days by:
3/25/2016
Large Animal Vet: Dr. Loretta, Veterinarian replied 2 years ago
Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Veterinarian

Good Afternoon and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

I believe that you are asking what is best to feed a pregnant fainting goat....this should consist of medium quality hay, moderate pasture time and free choice mineral block. A grain concentrate will need to be added over the last 6 weeks of gestation to ward off pregnancy ketosis and provide the protiens and minerals required for milk production. This grain concentrate should be 15% goat pellet.

Does that make sense to you?

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you.
Sincerely, ***** *****