Large Animal Veterinary

Ask a large animal vet and get answers to your questions ASAP

Ask a Veterinarian,

I have an adult doe goat who is not eating, drinking or

Customer Question
Hi, I have an...

Hi, I have an adult doe goat who is not eating, drinking or deficating. Her temp has been normal to low. She has not been up and moving for 4 days. We have been stomach tubing her fluids.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the doe's name?

Cupid

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Cupid?

Started Wednesday morning, her back legs were stiffish, and she seemed to be straining then to poop

Veterinarian's Assistant: Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?

We trimmed her feet, she had a bit of hoof rot on one of her back feet

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Large Animal Veterinary
Answered in 1 day by:
3/8/2016
Large Animal Vet: Dan C., DVM, Veterinarian replied 2 years ago
Dan C., DVM
Dan C., DVM, Veterinarian

Good Morning, and thank you for the question. Apologies for the delay, I just logged on and saw your post.

I am very sorry to hear about Cupid’s condition and I’m sure you are very concerned for her as well! I need to ask you some questions regarding Cupid, so that we might get a better idea as to what her problem could be.

1): Have there been any further changes with Cupid since you first posted your question? If so, please describe.

2): Have you seen her urinate or defecate recently?

3): What breed of goat is Cupid?

4): Do you know how old she is, and have you had her all of her life?

5): Have you noticed her grinding her teeth at all?

6): Does she seem to be aware of her surroundings, or can you tell if she is having any difficulty seeing?

7): Has she been recently vaccinated or dewormed, and if so, what vaccine(s) was used, and what type of dewormer was she given?

Thanks, ***** ***** will be looking forward to your reply. Just to note: I’ll be offline for a few hours, out working, but I will be checking for your response as soon as I return.

Thanks,

Dan C., DVM.

Good Morning! Just checking to see if you still need some help, or have any further concerns.

Thanks,

-Dan C., DVM.