CountryDoc
CountryDoc, Veterinarian
Experience:  Experienced mixed animal veterinarian
16703648

I have a 10 month old pygmy goat that is lethargic and

Customer Question

I have a 10 month old pygmy goat that is lethargic and stand-offish. She is eating well and does not have scours. Last night I did watch her chewing her cud.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Veterinarian will know how to help the goat. What is the goat's name?
Customer: Madison. She is flagging her tail quite a bit.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Madison?
Customer: I have observed her drinking. Just not the same energy as before. Acts very afraid of the other goats.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Large Animal Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your situation, and wanted to help.

Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner. If you would still like assistance, can you tell me:

How long has she had these signs?

Has she been passing urine regularly? Going more often, straining, passing any blood?

When was she last in heat?

Are her gums nice and pink (not white/pale)? Moist or sticky?

If you press on her belly, does she have any tensing, tenderness, discomfort, or pain?