Large Animal Veterinary

Ask a large animal vet and get answers to your questions ASAP

Ask a Veterinarian,

I have a two month old goat. When I left he was fine. When I…

Customer Question
I have a two month...
I have a two month old goat. When I left he was fine. When I got back I went to let them out. His sister came running as usual but he stayed where he was and called to me. I called him to come but he wouldn't move. I went to him and picked him up and brought him out and he just stood there. He won't move. And when he does move its very slow. I finally put him in a pen by himself... He's been standing in the same spot for an hour... He does not act this way normally.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Large Animal Veterinary
2/21/2016
Large Animal Vet: Dr. B., Veterinarian replied 2 years ago
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.

Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner, but can you tell me:

Does he have any pain anywhere (ie when you press his belly, back, feel his legs)?

Any straining to pass urine or stool?

Does he seemed hunched up, squatting, bloated, looking at his flank or grinding his teeth?

What color are his gums?

Any changes to his breathing compared to his sister?