Large Animal Veterinary

Ask a large animal vet and get answers to your questions ASAP

Ask a Veterinarian,

Our ewe is about 5. this is her 3rd pregnancy. we found her…

Customer Question
Our ewe is about...

Our ewe is about 5. this is her 3rd pregnancy. we found her on her back this morning. She was kicking trying to get up this morning. we got her on her feet and she stands but barely. she is also shaking her head as if something is bothering her. She not eating and just stand there . She is also very swollen around the middle.

Veterinarian's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

Are nature grass ran out so we gave them store bought grass. She standing in the same place not moving. still shaking her head.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Large Animal Veterinary
2/15/2016
Large Animal Vet: Dr. B., Veterinarian replied 2 years ago
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian

Hello & welcome. I do apologize that my colleagues were unable to assist you while I was away. Still, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today.

How far along is she?

Any changes in her ears, mouth, or discharges from her nose?

You noted that she is struggling to stand. Does she seem weak or does she appear to have reduced limb function?

Since she hasn't an appetite, have you been syringing fluids or anything else?