Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in treating large animals of all kinds.
16881297

, I was given a female goat. she had a large sore on

Customer Question

Customer: hello
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I was given a female goat . she had a large sore on her utter. I put her on medicated feed and kept the site clean and it healed but her utter is still large. I done think that she has ever had any kids.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Large Animal Veterinary Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Large Animal Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 1 year ago.

Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

If this is the entire udder, she may have had an internal infection that has caused scarring inside the udder that is making this very large. Se may not be able to produce milk due to the extensive scarring. It also may be that this infection has caused swelling that will eventually resolve. There is really nothing you can do except to have your vet evaluate her or have her pregnant and then you will see if the udder is competent or not. Since she has not had kids, there is a good chance that, even with scarring, she will be able to produce milk. Now only time will tell.

Does that make sense to you?

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you.

Sincerely, ***** *****

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK thank you. .

You are very welcome! Good luck!!

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Dr. Loretta